Upgrading your Dell Inspiron 660s / CPU, GPU and RAM

A lot of people have inquired in the past about potential upgrades for their Dell Inspiron 660s to improve their system.  I do have great news for those who would like to know.  I personally own one and I have had it since 2011.  Recently, I have upgraded the RAM, GPU and CPU; and that seems to be the major question for all users - all without upgrading the power supply.  

Facts that I know to be true:

1.  The processor can be upgraded to a Intel Core i7 CPU.  I recently installed a Intel Core i7-2600.
  • Specs: Quad-core 3.4GHz, 8M Cache, Intel HD Graphics 2000, 95 watt TDP, Dual-channel DDR3 memory support, socket LGA1155.
  • Upgraded from a Intel Core i3-2130.  2nd Generation.
  • Intel Core i7-2600 (only I got mine off of eBay for $125).
2.  The system will take any Sandy Bridge CPU that is based on the Intel B75 chipset and the LGA 1155 socket (i.e. Celeron, Pentium, i3, i5 and/or i7).  I don't know about Xeon (since there is no built in GPU in the processor). 3.  Any 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory will work in this PC.  So will any DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666). I installed:
4.  I also installed a MSI AMD Radeon HD 6450 2GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card. (MUST BE HALF HEIGHT / LOW PROFILE).  I installed:
5.  The 220 watt stock power supply is adequate to support all of the additions that I have made.  The power supply will run all of the above without issue or added noise.  Though all of the above state that you SHOULD upgrade your power supply. With installing the above, I have recognized a substantial improvement in system performance.  After making these upgrades I have found no reason to buy another computer at this time.  If you have any questions, please ask.     Disclaimer:  A computer hardware professional should always install your computer parts.  The writer of this article is not responsible for damages to your computer system/parts if you attempt these upgrades, whether completed by professional technicians or personally.  Upgrades are always completed at your own risk.