Turning an ACU Patch into OCP Patch Test Results

Original video put to the test

I have read reviews and watched YouTube  videos on how to turn an old ACU unit patch into a OCP Patch.  I have tried the yellow sharpie, highlighter and dry erase marker.  I have also tried changing the color using bleach by soaking for 24 hours, letting it dry and throwing the patch in the dryer for 2 minutes.

None of the above have worked.  All of the markers left the patch looking yellow instead of the tan-ish color that is required by the uniform regulation.
Left Side - Yellow Sharpie / Right Side - Yellow Dry Erase
 
The bleaching of the patch looked promising as the process was being completed.  After drying completely I noticed that the black turned a brownish color and you could still see some greenish tint in the patch.  I also noticed that they look nothing like the "before and after" photos/video that were depicted in other articles.
Used Bleach for 24 Hours

I have followed their directions completely with no deviation.  None of the results came close to what the actual patch is supposed to look like.  All it did was ruin my patches.  You can try it yourself, but do so at your own risk.  See the pictures for yourself.  Weigh in below, comment.
Original Patch (Untouched)

All Patches Together